Sunday, August 12, 2007

I Want A Donut

Once upon a time a beautiful princess like creature awoke to a serene Sunday morning. She was joined in her bed by a well behaved slumbering dog like creature. Suddenly it came to her attention that she desired to have a donut and some coffee.

Well that's too damn bad.

Apparently, donuts are too much to ask for in Virginia. Learning the hard way that I am not going to find the things I need by simply driving around and discovering them, I decided to research the donut situation online. I realize this may seem a little extreme but, lets keep in mind that I really have nothing better to do. So, I found this wonderful little donut shop on the yellow pages website AND it was even close to home. I have discovered that the closer I stay to home, the quicker it is for me to get UNlost. I decided to take my fun loving dog with me as he has found a way to enter my roommates bedroom while he is sleeping. In an effort to preserve the harmony, I thought taking the beast would be a good idea. (Although, seeing as how I got flipped off by him this morning solely for being a woman (apparently the date didn't go so well last night) maybe I should have let Star Puppy break into his room and romp on his head. Hmm...) Anyway, as I was saying, Mr. Star and I drove over to Starbucks where an angel sold me the elixir of life. Then I went to the location described by my friends at Yahoo! Maps. The donut store was not there :( What's more is that I got stuck on an dead end street by some geese, yes geese, that thought it was a perfect morning to be frolicking in the street. So here I am waiting in my car in the middle of the road, while the geese proceed to spread out in such a formation that I could almost here them saying "Red Rover, Red Rover, send Focus right on over." Stupid geese. Finally there was a break in the line, and their chanting stopped, than I revved my engine and quickly went around them, barely making it out alive.

DONUTS, MUST HAVE DONUTS...
Fine, I guess I will just go to stupid Dunkin' Donuts. I hate their donuts there, but apparently beggars can't be choosers. So, I drive to the DD, wait in line for a while and then read the little sign that says "sorry for the inconvenience, but we do not accept ATM/Credit cards." WHAT!?!?!? Who the hell carries cash anymore?! Certainly not me. So, I got back in my car and dejectedly drove off. I soon realize that I have no gasoline in my car (seriously, how is it that I only drove 200 miles on a tank of gas?) So, I went home. Sad, huh? No donuts for me. I did however make some pancakes which turned out wonderful.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Me like donuts. I wanted some yesterday too but then I fell asleep instead.

I hope you're eventually able to get unlost before you get physically lost. You need that GPS crap in your car. or you could ask Mr. Star to help with navigation. It's the least he could do.

Sam said...

Fine, I'm going to own all these comment spaces. I like donuts even more than I like my special scissors. Wait, that's not true.