Friday, September 7, 2007

The Crazy Things You Can See in DC

Ah yes, just your average day in an average city, where an average girl takes a ride home in an average subway, when what should she see???? A not so average Maneltoe!!!! For those of you that are not aware, a Maneltoe is the male version of the camel toe. If you don't know what a camel toe is, please preserve your innocence and just move on. Let me just say, this Maneltoe was amazing, I actually found myself staring, it was hypnotic, I couldn't take my eyes off it. It was like a puzzle trying to figure out what all the parts were and how they fit to make the whole. I actually considered taking a picture of it with my phone so that you could all see, but then I thought that might be weird. Sorry.





Earlier that day... I had a large break between classes and decided that I could take the time and the energy to walk the 300 feet to Starbucks. I sure am glad I did. Once in Starbucks I had the unexplainable urge to use the little girl's room. (Number 1 if you must know). Funny, usually I have that urge AFTER having the Starbucks. So, I went into the restroom and walked toward the toilet. That is when I observed this wonderful sign discretely placed on the wall behind the toilet:



Now, I don't know if you are able to make out the words on this instructional sign, but basically what is says is that this is a Water-Saving Dual-Functioning toilet. To be more precise, the toilet has a Dual-Functioning flusher. You either pull up or push down depending on the type of load you have just dropped. If you don't know which to do, the sign provides you with helpful instructions and graphics. "Up for #1 (liquid waste)" it reads, and then "Down for #2 (solid waste)." If, by chance, you are not of the reading population, you can look at the number of water droplets pictured. One drop for up (less water). And three drops for down (a crap load of water). This leads me to ponder the obvious: What if you have a mix of solid and liquid waste, do you not flush at all??


1 comment:

Sam said...

What if the 'load' you deposit is somewhere between liquid and solid consistency? I suppose one should err on the side of caution in that case and use the more voluminous flush, yes? I want a 'load-sensing' toilet that gives you verbal praise if you exceed certain limits. Ok, that's gross.