Tuesday, September 4, 2007

You're Joking, Right?

Yesterday I went to Target. For those of you that are unaware, I am a believer that God gave us Target so we might get a glimpse of what heaven might be like (on a smaller scale of course). As I was meandering through the mecca that is Target I spotted the most adorable set of sheets:



Super cute, right? Alas, they did not have any on the shelf that would fit a queen size bed. I decided to go to one of the nearby service phones to see if someone could check to see if there were more of these sheets in the back. I pick up the phone, ring ring ring...

Employee: Thank you for calling Target, this is Mercedes, can I help you find something.

Me: Hey there, M, I found these spectacular sheets and I do love them so, however, there aren't any on the shelf in Queen, do you suppose someone could check in the back for me?

Mercedes: Hold please...

HOLDING....

Other Employee: Hello?

Me: Ah, yes...

Other Employee: Do you need the number?

Me: Ah, are you looking for the sheets?

Other Employee: (exasperated) NO, I am looking for help in the home office area.

Me: (light bulb clicks on) Oh, that's swell, are you a customer?

Customer: (irritated that I am displaying such poor customer service) Yes!

Me: Yeah, so am I, I think we should both hang up and try again...

Customer: Okay (clearly blaming me for this whole mishap)

I try again:

Mercedes: Thank you for calling Target, this is Mercedes, can I help you find something.

Me: Yo, M, do you think you could send someone on over to bedding?

Mercedes: Hold please...

HOLDING...

Other Employee: Hello?

Me: Hi there.

Other Employee: Could you send someone over to furniture please?

Me: Okay...

Other Employee/customer: Great, thanks!

Me: Wait!

Customer: yes?

Me: I am a customer too, I think they connected us by mistake.

Customer: oh...

Click.

I try again:

Mercedes: Thank you for calling Target, this is Mercedes, can I help you find something?

Me: Mercedes, I really need some help in the bedding area and I have now been connected to other customers TWICE. Could you send someone over?

Mercedes: (yelling at me) I'M SORRY, I'M NEW AT THIS! Someone will be over.

Click.

Yeah, right, I won't hold my breath. Long story short (too late), they didn't have any more sheets, but I did find them online and ordered them there! YIPPEE!

Fast forward: I had decided not to blog about my unfortunate Target experiences yesterday as I was afraid they would be too painful to live through again. That was until this happened to me this morning:

Obviously, I need a new wheel and new tires (if you don't know why, please read "Worst Night Ever" posted yesterday). I spoke to my dear friends at the local Ford dealership and they are ordering my new wheel and it should be here today by noon. Perfect, now all I have to do is call and make an appointment:

Ford: Service department.

Me: Hi there, I need to make an appointment.

Ford: Hold please...

HOLDING... (anyone feel the deja vu here?)

Ford: Hello?

Me: Hi.

Ford: Hi, I'm trying to reach the service department.

Me: (you have got to be kidding me) Yeah, me too, I think they connected us by mistake, I think we need to call back.

Lady: Oh, how funny, ok. (Obviously, this is the first time this has happened to her, or it wouldn't be so funny.)

So, we both hung up, I got a hold of someone and made an appointment for Thursday. Does this kind of thing happen to anyone but me and Samson? (Please see Sam's blog entry, Hippa: http://reflectingpoorly.blogspot.com/2007/07/hipaa.html)

1 comment:

Sam said...

WOW. i really thought i had a unique experience with that crap. i am amazed it happened twice, although i am tempted to try the target courtesy phone thing. and yes, i will be commenting on each and every entry to this blog until you or i expire.