Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Boy (and other odds and ends)

Ok, so I realize I have a tendency to get a little crazy about my animals, but look at these incredible cute pics of Mr. Star. Isn't he the cuterest!?!?!













Ok, cutest puppy ever, right?







On another note, I like to give a huge shout out to my good friend Ken-Star who recommended that I get the Downy ball to deal with my laundry woes. As far as I am concerned the Downy ball is magical, it dispenses my liquid fabric softener in the washing machine at just the right moment. How does it do this? I seal the ball before putting it in the laundry, and yet it works every time. Wikipedia has an explanation for this phenomenon, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downy_ball. Alas, I am still of the belief that the Downy ball is magic.


In one of my prior posts I discuss my new found love for a pair of sheets that I discovered at Target. I had ordered them online and anticipated that all would be well. Unfortunately I received an email from the good folks at Target.com explaining that my order would be delayed. I took a little trip to Target yesterday, on an unrelated matter, and decided to swing by the bedding department. (Oh, by the way, this is a different Target than the one I was in the other day.) I stop by an end cap displaying MY sheets in other colors and sizes, it is then that I notice that now my sheets are on clearance. This irks me to no end as, not only did I pay regular price for the sheets online, but I also had to pay shipping and handling. I was just about to give up when I spotted another end cap of my sheets a few aisles back. You are not going to believe this. Someone had just returned a set of MY sheets, in the correct size and color. I scooped those sheets up so fast I almost fell over while doing my happy dance. So, not only did I get the sheets, but I got them for $13!!! And, the Target.com peeps said that I can refuse acceptance of the sheets as they did not conform with the set time line. Yippee!!


1 comment:

Sam said...

Well shee-it. What a tremendous turn of events for you. See, if it was me, I would have taken delivery of the sheets, found out they were the wrong size, tried to return them and been refused because there was some tear in the sheets, and then I'd get tackled by the Target security guy for trying to forcibly return the item.

So, I'm glad it worked out for you.