Friday, January 18, 2008

Just Me, embarrassing myself again

Again, apologies for the long break.

Ok, so the last 24 hours have not been my finest. I was in the library studying last night when I discovered that I had contracted the flu that my roommate had suffered from earlier in the week. Let me just say, vomiting in the public stalls at the library was no way to start an evening. I decided it was probably best that I call it a night. I got home at around ten last night and proceeded to throw up approximately every 45 minutes until around 5 or 6 this morning. I am delighted to report that I did not have the kind of flu where you throw up AND crap yourself all at once. I am, however, remiss to say that I did piss myself several times during the hurling process. I guess today is laundry day.

So, what does all that have to do with me embarrassing myself, you might ask? Well, it goes like this. I was in such a hurry to get home last night that I ended up leaving some things at school. I traversed back to school with the intention of picking up my belongings and maybe doing a little studying for the final I have tomorrow. (The final is for a class I took over break). So, here I am sitting in the "reading room" of the library, it is VERY quiet in here. I decided to listen to some music as I study. Luckily I chose one of my favorite opera pieces instead of some rap tune. I put my headphone on, plugged them into the computer and started jamming out. Unfortunately, I couldn't hear it very well, so I turned the volume up. Still, it sounded distant and muffled, so I turned it up more. It was then, that my friend next to me took off his headphones, looked at me curiously, and pointed to my headphone/computer connection. Apparently, my headphones were not all the way plugged in and I was treating the rest of the library to my music. Needless to say, after I plugged the ear phones in properly, I had to turn the volume down significantly. Yup, I embarrassed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you feel better! That sounds miserable. I love your honesty...... keep posting!!!

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!!!

Jennifer Smith said...

Hey Trina! It's Jen Smith from Saugus Colorguard. Yes, from back in the day!! I found your link from Jen Pawlak's page, and I have to tell you that I have laughed so hard reading about all your adventures. It is quite exciting!! Keep up the posts! :)

~Babychaser~ said...

Nice! I had a feeling that was the situation! :) Yeah... I wouldn't ever be able to go that library (or school for that matter) again! You are indeed brave!

Glad you are feeling better!

Sam said...

oooh look at all your readers. mostly i'm just jealous and your mastery of the written word. that and the ability to evacuate your stomach and bladder simultaneously. lucky.