Monday, October 22, 2007

Air Guitar... Underestimated and Often Misunderstood

The air guitar is one of my favorite instruments. The beauty of the air guitar is that almost anyone can play it without sounding horrible, but few can play it with a style that can make one weep. It just so happens that today I was treated to a concert performed by a solo artist that was a master of his craft... the air guitar. What added to this incredible performance was the venue, an open air slightly raised platform, and of course the performer's costume choice. Often times when we find ourselves at a concert of magnitude, at a highly populated event, it can be difficult to find convenient, comfortable, and affordable seating. Yet again, I hit the jackpot again, and got to enjoy the performance from the driver's seat of my car while waiting for a right turn signal at the longest traffic light in the world. Thankfully it occurred to me that my blogger friends might want to join in my musical experience with enough time to snap off a few pics. I took several pictures with my camera phone (sorry about the quality), unfortunately, due to the intense choreography of the performance, only two of them came out. Enjoy!!








This is a classic shot. Notice that the musician is holding an ipod (or similar device), he hears the music through his earphones and then strums out the beat on his air guitar. Also, kudos to the costuming department. I don't know if you can tell, but those are not ordinary pants that he is wearing, indeed those are full length sweat pants that have been rolled up. Also, please note that he is sporting a white t-shirt on his head, I would like to remind you how difficult this style choice is to pull off, bravo, sir, bravo!




Another great action shot!!!

Definitely the highlight of my day!!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl, you....obviously living in a culturally rich city, but what will you ever find for an encore!!!!!

~Babychaser~ said...

Nice!

Sam said...

did you get to go backstage?

i hope you at least honked your approval.

Anonymous said...

that is some classic stuff!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.