Monday, October 15, 2007

Lordess of the Flies

**Caution, this post contains nudity**

For those of you who have heard me rant about the showers in the gym at school, forgive this post.

At GT we have one of the most wonderful, state of the art gyms I have ever seen at an institution of higher learning. Having said that, the showers are some of the grossest I have ever seen (and I have seen my fair share of nastified showers). The locker room is wonderful, complete with a jacuzzi and water extractor for your swim suit. The only thing that is sub-par are the showers. The showers are gank!! First off, the showers were made for someone who was approximately 5'2". I am not 5'2". Secondly, the showers were clearly designed to be put near the bathrooms at the beach, you know the ones, so people could hit the little button and get 5000 lbs. of water forced at their sandy feet in a solid thick stream. Although these shower nozzles are tremendous at removing sand (and sometimes skin) from your feet, the powerful jet of water is not oh so comfortable in the shower setting. As if all this wasn't bad enough, imagine a shower where the walls and curtains (which are approximately 4 inches to narrow to cover the shower opening) are coated with a substance that I imagine some homeless animal might eat for the protein content.

As if all this isn't gross enough, here is what happened to me today. I was in the shower, naked (aha! there's the nudity you were promised) and doing the cleaning. I was in the rinse process, after the shampoo and body soap, but before the final conditioning, when I should look down at my leg and see a very dead, very water logged fly. EWWWW!! I still do not know where this creature came from, but I can assure you that it was not there earlier (I know this because I had just soaped my precious legs and I think I would have noticed a huge dead fly on my leg). So there you have it, the showers at the gym are freakin' nasty.

4 comments:

Sam said...

"complete with a jacuzzi and water extractor for your swim suit."

what the hell is a water extractor? Sounds like a fancy word for one of those wringers on the yellow mop buckets with wheels, no? let's move on:

"The only thing that is sub-par are the showers. The showers are gank"

Gank reminds me of shank, another common occurence in the GT showers. Or so I've heard.

"are coated with a substance that I imagine some homeless animal might eat for the protein content."

funny visual, but there's nothing funny about homeless animals.

and I personally apologize for the 'protein content' on the shower curtain.

thanks everyone, you've been great. I'll be here all week - tip your waitress.

Anonymous said...

Oh, precious! Such an experience for a delicate girl as you!!!

~Babychaser~ said...

EWWWWWW! I am just so glad that didn't happen to me. :) Well... on the bright side... my shower isn't THAT bad. :)

MattyHoho said...

At least you threw the water extractor in there, that thing is freakin amazing, amazing i say!!!! Except for the violent sound that it makes when you use it but otherwise it is amazing!!!!!